Here are must-read MarketWatch articles on investing and personal finance from the past week.
1. How’s Warren Buffett doing?
Berkshire Hathaway BRK.B, +0.10% CEO Warren Buffett turned 89 on Friday. Larry Swedroe continues to believe in Buffett’s investment skills, despite underperformance in recent years. Here’s how all the publicly traded stocks held by Berkshire have performed this year.
2. The ‘best’ college major may surprise you
This is the best college major for a combination of employment availability and starting salary, according to BankRate’s ranking.
3. A ripe time to buy Netflix?
4. The losers from low interest rates
5. Dividend stocks for income
Many dividend-stock strategies emphasize total return. This one focuses on increasing monthly income.
More on dividend stocks:
6. Stock charts warn about American consumers
Recent economic reports have emphasized the strength of American consumers. But stock action in related sectors tells a different story.
7. A small-business success story
8. Social Security fiction — and truth
These seven Social Security myths just aren’t true, no matter how often you hear them.
9. A painful story of identity theft and its aftermath
This couple had to make an incredible effort to recover from the damage caused by criminals who stole their identities.